Thursday 25 June 2015

Master's Blog 10

Well I'm nearly at the end of what has been a very enjoyable year as Master. Yesterday I had my last City events. It was a full day starting with breakfast at The Haberdashers Hall with other Livery Company Masters and Clerks. I was joined by the Master (Elect). We then set off to Guildhall for Common Hall where liverymen elect the new Sheriffs. The Masters of the various Livery Companies process in and out. It is a very enjoyable event and I would encourage all liverymen to attend next year. There will of course be the election of the Lord Mayor in September.
After Common Hall I had a curry lunch with the Master Mariners on HQS Wellington. In the afternoon I was back at Guildhall for the Armed Forces Flag Day and then in the evening I was one of two passengers on board our cutter Water forget-me-not in the Admiral of the Port Race. There were two divisions with seven cutters in each division. Division 1 is for men and Division 2 is for women and mixed crews. The race is from the Palace of Westminster to Westminster Boating Base in Pimlico.
Our cutter led Division 2 from the start and finished first, taking the rose bowl trophy. An excellent performance as usual. Well done ladies!
In between the Salisbury weekend and yesterday's events I been busy attending the Carmen's lunch on 3rd June and the Livery Committee Dinner on 8th June. On 9th June Christine and I attended the Plumbers' Company 650th Anniversary service at the Temple Church with a reception in Temple Gardens afterwards. A bit cold but very enjoyable all the same. On 15th June I was at Runnymede for the Magna Carta Foundation of Liberty Runnymeded 800 commemoration event attended by the Her Majesty The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, HRH The Princess Royal and HRH The Duke of Cambridge as well as the Prime Minister and other senior government officials from UK and Overseas. We were entertained by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, The Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines Portsmouth, children's dance groups and choirs. A splendid day well organised and very memorable.
On 23rd June I attended the Guild of Human Resource Professionals Installation Ceremony.
I have the Marketors' Livery Golf Day at Verulam GC on 29 June where we have a Water Conservators team entered.
It will then be the Installation of Peter Hall as Master, and the Wardens on 1 July followed by our 2015 Annual Lecture on 2 July at The Octagon, Queen Mary University, Mile End Campus. If you haven't already registered please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment